Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ovila Abbey Dubbel at Rocky's.

The special Sierra Nevada promotion at Rocky's on Tuesday offered nine beers I'd had before, and one I hadn't.

It wasn't planned this way, but Steve Thiel says that my signature glass of Ovila Abbey Dubbel was the first poured from a keg in Indiana, and accordingly, the first consumed, because I wasted no time on it. Belgian yeast and American know-how have produced a sublime cross-cultural marriage, and there's little chance in a blind tasting that this ale would not pass as an upper echelon Belgian Abbey ale, if not an actual Trappist.

I've no idea if there's any left. If so, get over to Rocky's and taste Sierra's new Ovila.

1 comment:

Rick500 said...

Had one Tuesday as well. Agree it was very good. Served too cold, but it opened up nicely as it warmed up. Not to be missed.