Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Hectoliter conversion for the numbers-dazed Publican.

Okay, folks, I'm anything but a mathematical wizard, so here's the official conversion for world beer measurement norms to the decidedly weird ones that we embraced in the States:

1 hectoliter = 0.852167911 of a US beer barrel

How many hectoliters in 1 barrels? The answer is 1.173477658.


Yes, I know it's obvious to many. I place the conversion here so that I can find it next time it is needed, nothing more.

It would be helpful to GO TO EUROPE AND PRACTICE THE CALCULATION, as in days of old, but we're not quite there yet.

1 comment:

Rick500 said...

You can pop it right into Google...I use it pretty frequently for conversions.

"10 hectoliters to barrels" results in "10 hectoliters = 8.52167911 US beer barrels".