Sunday, June 21, 2015

Diary: Trying to find a copy of the beer podcast, that time.

As my leave of absence for mayoral games plays out, I haven't been paying very close attention to the beer scene insofar as social media dictates its parameters according to the same usual outline.

And thankfully, at that.

Talk about liberating.

No more endless photos of people erotically fondling the bottles they scored through trades, or listening to labored sophistry in defense of Trojan Goose. It's been like parole. At present, I can enjoy the virtues of good beer without suffering shoe-gazing solipsism.

What I'm looking forward to more than anything else are local brews like Josh Hill's first beers with Floyd County Brewing Company.

But that is not the basis for this diary entry.

After contributing to Rick Redding's podcast last week, it occurred to me to go back and listen to the one I recorded at LouisvilleBeer.com back in late 2013. The date is hazy. I drove to Louisville, and there was snow on the ground.

December of 2013, maybe?

But I couldn't find it at the iTunes page, which begins only at Episode 26 in early 2014. There also wasn't any record of those first 20-odd episodes at the LouisvilleBeer.com web site.

If someone can tell me how I might score a copy of my sole appearance on the podcast, please let me know. I'm a historical record type of guy, even if it won't be played quite as often as the Who's seminal Quadrophenia.

Previously:

Beer, podcasts and Dick Cavett.

No comments: