Friday, July 14, 2006

Browning's is in the ballpark, just not in the ballpark.


As reported earlier in the week, the Curmudgeon family enjoyed a respite at Browning's Restaurant and Brewery last Saturday prior to venturing inside Louisville Slugger Field for a baseball game.

Honestly, both the ESB and the IPA at Browning's are far superior to the Redhook ESB sold on draft at the pork chop stand past the center field berm, but since Browning's is not a part of the Anheuser-Busch distribution network, Louisvillians are offered subpar ale from Seattle rather than fresh beer from a loud foul's distance away.

How many other ballparks in America boast a brewpub this nice in the building?

How many other baseball clubs make virtually no use whatsoever of such an asset?

Very, very sad, isn't it?

1 comment:

David said...

It is sad. While I'm not a sports person, the park is nice and I'd attend more if they had beer. Browning's beer is top notch. I enjoyed a Helles (Helles for you? Hell Yes!)Friday afternoon as part of a downtown, one man walking beer tour. The bartender gave me two tickets to Mondays game. I don't know if I'll go. If they had beer, I'd bee there...