Tuesday, October 11, 2016

A couple of beers at Next Door Brewing Company in Madison, Wisconsin.

Borrowed from the Interwebz.

As a final Wisconsin trip note, a tip of the chapeau to Next Door Brewing Company, located in Madison on Atwood Avenue near Willy Street and right across from the weirdly distinctive St. Bernard Catholic Church -- is it the truncated non-steeple that reminds me of somewhere I've been in Europe?

We went to Next Door for the first time (ever) on Sunday afternoon after brunch at Great Dane and beers at Capital. I chose Porter as a restorative, and it turned the trick nicely. In the end, I'll always be a fan of Porter on such occasions. It isn't just a colder weather style.

The closer was a Berliner Weisse sans syrup, and it was another winner, refreshing and low gravity with textbook tartness.

For the sale of some salt, chips and salsa came in handy, but we were far too full to eat a meal. Next time in Madison, I'd like to do that. The barroom was modernist and comfy, and my only regret is we couldn't stay for a longer session.

___

No comments: