Saturday, October 17, 2015

November 7 is Bluegrass Brewing Company's 22nd anniversary party.

David Pierce and BBC in the beginning (early Clinton Administration).
I've been busy trying to decide what I'm going to do when I grow up, and consequently, I still haven't found time to go visit David Pierce at Bluegrass Brewing Company's original location in St. Matthews.

No offense to the previous brewer, but I thought it wise to wait a bit until David has things back into his customarily impeccable order. His tenure began with a complete brew house reconditioning and overhaul, and my sights are set on this upcoming event on Saturday, November 7.

22nd Anniversary Fundraiser and Half Way to Derby Party

The election will be over, and I'll know half of my future. It could be a very good day to get away from it all, and reminisce about the early days of BBC. Outside of my own brewing workplace, I've almost certainly spent more time at BBC St. Matthews than any other brewery -- though not recently.

Perhaps a corrective is in order.

Come celebrate the 22nd anniversary of the original Louisville brewpub with a fundraiser for My Dog Eats First in the daytime and 3 bands in the evening. BBC will have retro beers for our 22nd anniversary. Try the beers that launched craft beer in Louisville.

Mark your calendars! It's also our Half Way to Derby City Brewfest. Three bands will be playing for 6pm to closing. Whiskey Bent Valley Boys at 6pm. Uncommon Houseflies plays 8:30-9:30pm.Audio Addiction is playing 10pm to closing.

Games, Comfy Cow ice cream with BBC root beer and bouncy for kids. Dog supplies and adoption booths. There will be silent auction items to benefit My Dog Eats First. Arrow Fund, Tyson's Chance Animal Foundation, Hand in Paw, Derby City Dog Rescue, Derby City Mobile Vet, Louisville Metro Services, Cali Choo Pet Furniture and many others will have booths. They are bringing many dogs ready for adoption. If you are looking for a new furbaby, this will be a great opportunity.

No comments: