Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Eight Beer Fantasy at Majid's on Sunday, January 29.

Is this the first beer dinner of 2012?

I'm not completely sure about that, but it's the first one for me to take part, and so let me introduce the Eight Beer Fantasy, as devised the mixologist Stephen Dennison, and as copied from his posting on the Louisville Restaurants Forum.

---

Here's the menu, my friends. As always, I am open to suggestions. As we get closer, I will add some of the finer flourishes I am so fond of ... if you didn't catch it on the previous thread, Roger Baylor will be speaking on the craft of brewing. I will be addressing pairing techniques. And everyone will just be plain... discussing!

Appertif Cocktail: Sam Adams Imperial Double Bock Shandy- Domaine de Canton, Boker's Bitters


River City Pale Ale
Surf and Turf of Devilled Eggs- House Cured Salmon Belly and Crispy Pancetta


Rivertown Helles Lager
U-8 Shrimp Cocktail with Russian 'Potato Salad'


NABC Hoptimus Double IPA
Gorgonzolla Fondue with Filet Mignon and Mushroom 'Bourgogne Flavor'


Palate Cleanser: Jasmine/Lemon Granita


Upland Wheat
Persian Chicken Kabob with Sumac, Potato/Goat Cheese Fritter


BBC Nut Brown
Ash-E-Reshteh (Persian Whey Noodle Vegetable Soup,) Mir Poix Powder


Southern Tier Chocolate Stout
Mocha Pate', Creme Anglaise, Berries


Digestif Cocktail: BBC Bourbon Barrel Stout, Fernet Branca, Espresso-Walnut Gomme

With 3 oz pours, this brings the total imbibed to just over two drinks (because I'll be adding spirits to the cocktails.)


Price: $35, plus tax and gratuity


Sunday, January 29th at 2:30
Majid's
3930 Chenoweth Ln
502.618.2222

No comments: