Friday, January 20, 2012

Ron Downer to brew at Blackberry Farm in Tennessee.


It delights me to share this news with readers, because our friend Ron Downer, one of the great guys in the brewing business, is back in the show after a few years on the sidelines. Ron was a prolific homebrewer before turning pro, and so starting small at Blackberry Farm prior to growing the brewery should be right up his alley. Congratulations, Ron! Now it's my job to make it down to the Smokies for a visit.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my loyal readers of the Burgundian Bulletin and to inform you that the last issue you received several months ago is the last in the series. As much as I have enjoyed writing the Burgundian Bulletin I must quit due to my recent acquisition of the new position of Brewmaster at the Brewery at Blackberry Farm.

I am excited about being Brewmaster at Blackberry Farm, which was honored in 2011 by Travel & Leisure magazine as the top resort in North America. Our small pilot brewery will be used to fine-tune recipes and introduce our guests at Blackberry Farm to our special beers; it is just the first step before opening a larger brewing facility in the future.

I invite you to visit www.blackberryfarm.com to learn more about the Farm and its activities. As the Brewery progresses I expect there will be information on the website about our beers and the brewery. Thanks again.

Ron Downer

No comments: