Tuesday, October 09, 2007

There's an explanation for that ...

A reader asks:

"What happened to your NABC beers on tap at the Speakeasy in New Albany?"

It would appear that the Speakeasy's front keg box, in which they'd placed three NABC 1/6 (5-gallon) kegs, died roughly six weeks ago and has yet to be repaired or replaced. In the interest of patience and diplomacy, neither of which have been personal hallmarks previously, I'll say only that you're free to draw your own conclusions from the long absence of keg dispensing space at the establishment.

On the other hand, I've not been by to check since last week, and I'll try to do so today. With Harvest Homecoming prime time coming, it is reported that Speakeasy is stockpiling huge quantities of Anheuser-Busch products, and the less I say about that, the better. Let's merely suggest that not all wholesalers in the state of Indiana observe the rules with respect to extending credit to accounts.

I really enjoy helping people, but as you grow older, sometimes it occurs to you that people must want to be helped.

Does that answer your question?

Can you hear the grinding of my teeth?

No comments: