Monday, February 04, 2008

Beer dinner at Stratto’s Italian Bistro this Thursday, February 7.

Trevor, Tish and I have been working on this one for a while. The idea is to pair cold-weather, winter-themed beers with a hearty menu conceived by Jerome Pope, Stratto’s chef.

Yesterday’s advertisement in the Tribune featured my name in a ridiculously oversized font (am I obliged to provide comic patter, soft shoe and perhaps karaoke to justify the billing and my comp?), but more importantly, it quoted a price for all this of only $20 per person!

Folks, that’s a steal. Call Stratto's for reservations at (812) 945-3496. The dinner starts at 7:00 p.m., and the restaurant is located at 318 W. Lewis & Clark Parkway, Clarksville.

I’m off to practice my warbling … a bit of Bobby Darin is guaranteed to slay ‘em. Meanwhile, here’s the menu and pairings.

----
Opening beer course: Unibrue's La Fin Du Monde

Starter: Bacon wrappped sea scallop skewers with Wasabi vinaigrette
Beer: Bell's Hopslam Double IPA

Soup: Hunters Stew with cornbread muffin (beef, bacon, carrot, celery, onions)
Beer: NABC Old Lightning Rod (Colonial-era recipe)

Entree: Stuffed Pork loin with sweet potato mash, and Swiss chard (onion cornbread stuffing)
Beer: Samuel Smith Winter Welcome

Dessert: White chocolate raspberry bread pudding
Beer: Lindeman's Framboise

3 comments:

Sean said...

Hey, Roger: is Stratto's closed on Mondays? I can't seem to raise them via the phone number you left on the post. My wife and I are hoping we can get reservations!

The New Albanian said...

Damn, didn't think about that. Yes, they're closed on Monday.

Unknown said...

That explains why I couldn't get thru yesterday. I forgot to call them today, I will reserve my spot tomorrow if it isn't too late.