Saturday, April 21, 2007

The return of Moss the Boss?

Remember Moss the Boss?

In January, I recalled the Namur, Belgium public house run by the inimitable Alain Mossiat and family: A blast from the past: Belgo-Gaelic dazzling.

It was an eclectic place that set the tone for most of the specialty beer bars we would visit in the following days. We were seated in an interior room that was piled full of junk, bottles and beer advertisements, this being done to get us out of the way of the party. Having embarked upon our sampling and finished eating our spaghetti, a spirited argument ensued as to the true nature of craft-brewed beer in America, with Alain interrupting occasionally to explain the next selection. Expatriates abroad. Drinking, talking. Very cool.

Today, out of the blue, I received this e-mail:

“hello roger ,after so many times, i could find you on the net. I'm back in Belgium.”

Back in Namur, in fact. I'm flattered that Moss remembers me, and I’ve written back. There’ll be more if and when there’s more to report.

No comments: