Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Pete Brown on "starved, neurotic, Stella-drunk piranhas."

File under: Wish I'd written this.

I am so fucking bored by the beer discourse of 2015, by Pete Brown at his blog

 ... When I write stuff for the consumer press about beer, I stick to the line - which I believe on good days, when the medication is working - that there's never been a better time to be a beer drinker. More brewers, more styles, more experimentation and inventiveness ...

Seems the medication isn't working. It's been happening a lot to me lately.

Everything was awesome.

But of course, it wasn't really. Just like in the film.

Success makes people uneasy. Remove the easily identifiable enemy, and people become unsure what they're fighting for, or against.

And so as soon as 2014's Christmas hangover wore off, we turned on each other like a pack of starved, neurotic, Stella-drunk piranhas.


No comments: