Saturday, September 10, 2011

Directions: Getting to Bank Street Brewhouse while the Sherman Minton Bridge is closed.

(Including directions for the Pizzeria & Public House)

As you may have heard, the Sherman Minton Bridge (I-64) over the Ohio River is closed indefinitely owing to an as yet undetermined structural repair need. We expect to know more about specifics this weekend. Until then, some directions for those who usually use the Sherman Minton.

Directions to NABC's Bank Street Brewhouse
The long way: I-65 north to I-265 west, and then to I-64 east. Take the New Albany exit just before the closed Sherman Minton bridge, left on Market St., then left on Bank St.

2:30 p.m. Saturday note: I'm told that the section of I-64 between I-265 and the river is closed, precluding use of the downtown NA ramp. No problem. From I-265, take the State Street ramp, follow State Street into the center to Market St. Go left on market and left on Bank Street to Bank Street Brewhouse.

The more direct inner city route is shown above: Take I-65 or the Clark Memorial Bridge over the river, then follow Old Indiana 62/Brown's Station Way across Silver Creek into New Albany on Spring St. Continue on Spring St. into the center of the city, and take a right on Bank St. to Bank Street Brewhouse. When leaving, take Elm St. to return to Spring St. via Vincennes St. (where Spring becomes two-way toward Clarksville).

Directions to NABC's Pizzeria & Public House
From Louisville, getting to NABC's Pizzeria & Public House is the same as before: I-65 north to I-265 west, and then the Grant Line Road exit.

The inner city route is shown above: Take I-65 or the Clark Memorial Bridge over the river, then follow Old Indiana 62/Brown's Station Way across Silver Creek into New Albany on Spring Street. Go right at White Castle onto Vincennes Street. At the intersection of Vincennes and Charlestown Road (Mathes Drugstore and Little Tiger), go straight. The road tees into Grant Line; turn right and follow it all the way north to the Pizzeria & Public House.

No comments: