Tuesday, July 12, 2016

"Next time we see 'deconstructed' on a menu, we’re walking out."

My top choice isn't even included.

It's menu items charred, whipped, baked, deconstructed, fried, broiled, flambéed, blackened or otherwise plated "to perfection."

Perfection doesn't exist, folks -- and I share the author's annoyance.


The 10 Most Annoying Words and Phrases on Menus, Ranked, by Josh Scherer (Los Angeles Magazine)

I was at a restaurant the other night and something about the menu seemed… off. It was so sparse. It was just a concise list of foods, most of which I wanted to eat, with no twee adjectives or obscure farm names in sight. Though I was happy about it at the time, it only made me realize that I have an advanced case of CMF (Chronic Menu Fatigue)—and you might too. It’s the general feeling you get when you go to a restaurant and realize every word or phrase on the menu is there to make you feel, in one way or another, unqualified to eat the food. Here is a list of the most annoying and/or pretentious words and phrases that trigger the symptoms.

__

No comments: