Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Bank Street Brewhouse thread at the Louisville Restaurants Forum.

Every now and then I point in the direction of the Louisville Restaurants Forum, which is moderated by local food and wine writer Robin Garr. Threads pertaining to beer pop up on the forum fairly often, but more so than that, the forum functions as a gathering spot for foodies as well as food and dining industry people. I try to monitor the threads and participate whenever I'm able.

This thread about the Bank Street Brewhouse is long, but it may be of interest to blog readers for a number of reasons. Near the end of it, I had an epiphany of sorts in the realization that what we've chosen to do at BSB by combining "finer" dining with beer, as opposed to wine, remains confusing for many people. I'll be thinking about ways to make this point more clear as we move into what I hope is a period of having all cylinders firing at the same time, i.e., both the front and back of the house producing in unison.

No comments: