Thursday, August 07, 2014

In 2014, we conducted a different, and yet still great, taste of the Midwest.


Usually at this precise moment I'd be at the Great Dane, Vintage Brewing or the Capital Brewing beer garden, getting primed for the Great taste of the Midwest.

However, this being a period of relative transition for NABC since the shuttering of Bank Street Brewhouse's kitchen in May, we'd decided long ago to scale back the crew at GTMW in 2014, all the better to restore full (and expensive) debauchery in 2015.

Tonight like always, the boys and girls are on site in Madison, and I'm not, but oddly, my wife and I just returned from a road trip that included the Wisconsin state capital.

It's all quite simple, really. She had an unexpected opportunity to change jobs, and grabbed the advancement, leaving us with a window to load up the car and embark on a Great American Road Trip, just not at the same time as the Great Taste of the Midwest.

We had our own great taste, of Madison, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Duluth and Dubuque. I've backdated daily trip renderings and photos at my other blog, where you can find all the links collected in one place.

All the Northern Road Trip posting links collected in one place.


Over the next few days I'll be backdating postings here, and getting caught up. Kindly bear with me, anc cheers to all who'll be at the nation's best-run and most authentic beer fest this Saturday.

No comments: