Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Publican announces DaveFest 2006 for May (dates TBA).


Mark your calendars ... in general terms. Brush away the cat hair, find your post-it notes, and remember that some time in May – the exact date hasn’t been determined, because it must come after Gravity Head, my April trip to Oregon & Washington and the Kentucky Derby – I’ll be putting together a mini-draft celebration at Rich O’s, henceforth to be known as DaveFest 2006.

This is not a joke. I have not been drinking (well, at least not today).

Yet.

To unravel this obscure festival mystery, which has developed spontaneously following a conversation about “customer appreciation” beer fests, please proceed to the following blog entry:

http://barenada.com/blog_general_entry.shtml?entryid=002660

Dave, seriously, I'm excited.

Of the top 12 beers you've listed, only Avery’s Old Jubilation is a probable no-go owing to its seasonal status. Of the remainder, four are “special order” beers, but shouldn’t be a problem with this much notice.

So … there could be as many as 10 Dave-certified draft beers at DaveFest 2006.

I really like this idea, too, and could see doing it with a different person every year just for the fun of it.

Perhaps we can do t-shirts, assuming I learn to spell before then. Here's a template of sorts:

4 comments:

barenada said...

I hope we can work it out. I can probably get Misty to design a better t-shirt though.

The New Albanian said...

Let's get her on it, then.

Your friends would buy close to __ total (not willing to fill in the blank for fear of embarrassing you)?

My t-shirt guy would make as few as 20-something for the usual price ...

David said...

Dave who?

TwistedNoggin said...

If this is your 15 minutes of fame, Dave... think bigger.
Just kiddin!
So, can I expect a tasty upland chocolate stout among the selection, or do you lean toward the Rogue?
Perhaps you should intoxicate the brewer and talk him into formulating a "BareNada Beer".
Cheers