Sunday, November 18, 2007

Headline: "Most Arrogant Bar In America" Challenge is Back!”

To be honest, I resisted committing to this promotion, primarily because it’s been a very busy year without added arrogance, and also owing to what I perceive as the first signs of “event fatigue” among local beer aficionados … but what the hell. We're fairly arrogant already; might as well pile on.

The idea is that from November 24 through November 30, participating establishments will vie to sell the most Arrogant Bastard Ale, “Oaked” Arrogant Bastard Ale, and Double Bastard Ale, as calculated by the ounce. The winner will receive, “A Plaque proclaiming your supreme Arrogance, bragging rights to the rest of the nation, and a place in history amongst the other Most Arrogant Bars in America!”

I wouldn’t be a curmudgeon if I didn’t react to all this with, “real bars don’t count ounces,” but since it’s all in good fun … why not?

Sales will be calculated according to the honor system, and we’ll be at a competitive disadvantage because I’ve chosen to cellar our keg of Double Bastard for future Gravity Heads.
However, during the specified period, both Arrogant Bastard and Oaked Arrogant Bastard will be on tap and discounted a bit to further the cause.

Wherever the oak chips fall ...

1 comment:

antzman said...

I thought we had this title in the bag all ready without serving a drop of their beer!

Seriously though, aren't we at a competitive disadvantage due to that lack of product that we are able to get here? I guess I'll have to come down and drink one for the team