Sunday, December 18, 2005

Aaaargh!


For the second annual celebration of Saturnalia at NABC, I decided to take a page from our long-running Gravity Head draft festival and design a commemorative t-shirt.

It turned out quite handsomely: Sand-colored, long-sleeved, with bright, seasonally suited lettering in green and red, contrasting with the familiar “Roman party procession” clipart work, and bearing the slogan, “Putting the Pagan back into Christmas – one pint at a time.”

Opening the delivery boxes last Friday, I noticed one small problem.

I’d misspelled the word “solstice,” omitting the second “s.” My t-shirt maker missed it, too. Now we have 80 shirts that hawk the “winter soltice.”

To put it mildly, I’m embarrassed to be on the wrong side of such an error, although it provides a small measure of consolation to be told that one man’s spelling mistake is another man’s collector’s item.

But only a small measure, and I’m grinding my teeth as I write.

And so, I’m here today to tell you that we have plenty of attractive “winter soltice” shirts.

Aaaargh!

No comments: